Quick & Easy Winter Cocktails
Following on from our party essentials post, we realised we couldn't possibly leave it there and miss out one of the key essentials - alcohol!
Drink, be merry and show off with these low-effort cocktails that'll be sure to please & impress your guests during the winter break.
Cinnamon Star Old Fashioned
A classic with a seasonal twist.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves 2
- 120ml Bourbon
- 30ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange bitters
- Sparkling water
- Cinnamon syrup
- Cinnamon & star anise, for serving (optional)
In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, orange bitters, and 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon syrup. Shake to combine.
Strain the contents of the shaker into the prepared cocktail glass, and serve.
- If desired top with sparkling water. Garnish with cinnamon and star anise.
Featuring Soiree Diamond Glasses
Blackberry Gin Sour
Sweet, light and refreshing.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Serves 2
- 2 cups of Blackberries
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsbp of homemade syrup
- 100ml gin (we used Tanqueray)
- Angostura Bitters
- 1 tsbp Unsweetened coconut milk
- Mint for serving (optional)
- Chill two Champagne glasses
- For Syrup: add one cup of caster sugar and one cup of cold water to a pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes – or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Put half the blackberries into a small jug and muddle until completely juiced.
- Add the homemade syrup and lemon juice and mix.
- Strain the juice through a sieve into a cocktail shaker, making sure to squish as much liquid out of the blackberries as possible.
- Add the gin, 2 tbsp's of Angostura bitters, and the coconut milk to the cocktail shaker
- Give the cocktail shaker a really good shake for about 15 seconds
- Strain the liquid into a glasses and garnish with berries and mint.
Featuring Soiree Inside Out Champagne Flutes
Apple, Thyme & Rosé Spritz
Aromatic, fun & fruity.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves 4
- 150ml lime fever tree tonic water
- 150ml apple juice (we used copella)
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 600ml Provence Rose (we used Aime Roquesante)
- 1 sweet lady apple
- 100ml sparkling water
Chill Sparkling water, Tonic Water, Apple Juice & Rose.
Cut your apple in half, neatly remove core & slice one half into thin slices and the other half into medium-sized squares.
In a large jug muddle 4 sprigs of thyme, sugar and the apple cubes until all the leaves and apple cubes have broken down.
Then pour tonic water, apple juice and sparkling water into the jug and mix.
- Using a strainer, pour the mix into a slightly smaller jug, pour in the rose and mix together.
To serve, divide among 4 glasses and fill halfway, top with large ice cubes, a sprig of thyme and apple slices.
Featuring Original Stormtrooper Glass
These cocktails are sure to go down a treat at your next shindig. To see what else you could bring to the table, host or not - check out our 4 unique party essentials post here.